Thursday, April 28, 2005

What Does It Take Part 2

Heh, turns out that the Java and ATi things are infact related. Its beyond me how I figured this out so damn fast. I snapped a screen shot. It should be very clear what is wrong.

java_error

So I was surfing the web for some answers and I could not find anything about Java and the problem I was having. I pretty much felt this was hopeless. I was able to recreate the blue screen error and I copied down what it said. (My custom Windows XP install cd turns off automatic rebooting by default or else this screen would blink by really fast. I'll probally explain this later.)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
ati3duag.dll

Thats about all the info I really needed. With this I found a few fourm posts of people bashing ATi cards for how crappy they are. (My X800Pro and Rainbow Six 3 at 1600x1200 16xAF / 6xAF: 40FPS. Oh yea, ATi cards suck so much. *sar*) Some of them metioned how Java was broken too. But like myself, I thought it was two problems. After seeing a post of how cranked up they had the 3D settings (AF/AA) and on a whim... I turned mine down just to see what happens.

All fixed.

I'll do some more testing as to exactly what settings borked Java. I'm just glad I fixed it. As to whos to blame, ATi or Sun, I'll leave that up to you to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home