Thursday, December 07, 2006

For My Sister

This post is for my sister who loves pears in Jello. I was just enjoying a dish of my own and was curious as to why she enjoyed them so much.

I try to enjoy foods in both taste and texture. Jello is sweet with a very unique texture. It's smooth and soft. So soft you can mash it with your tung or swallow it whole. Pear's are natures candy. I love biting into a ripe pear and tasting the explosion of sweet juices. They also have a distinct texture. If I recall correctly, my sister only eats pears in Jello. I'm not sure why this is. I do know this much, green is her favorite color and this Jello was most definitely green. Coincidence? Maybe but I doubt it. I did notice that the pears absorb some of the green color from the Jello. Is this why she likes it so much? People often eat favorite foods in some kind of favorite food ritual. One such ritual is that I enjoy my ice cream from a mug. I wonder if my sis likes to eat the Jello first and leave the pears for last. Or is it the other way around.

Ange, if you happen to be reading this, rather then posting a reply write out your Ode To Jello And Pears on your LJ.

Yes, I'm weird. So is Ange. I hope she doesn't mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home